Sunday, May 21, 2006

Regalo, Atbp.

Look at what I got in the mail last Friday!



I didn't get to try them immediately, though. Had to rush to this company-sponsored community project. We repaired, painted and cleaned up this local elementary school. That took up most of the day. I was dead tired.

So naturally, yesterday I was so excited. I wanted to install the darned HSF onto my PC. My enthusiasm turned to disappointment when I found out that the Aeroflow 2 was to tight a fit because of the capacitors immediately surrounding the spot where it was supposed to go. Out of enamored frustration and weird inspiration, I did a hard mod. I've seen people do such weird stuff in hardware forums that I decided I wanted to do something crazy on my own. I sawed of a small part of the heatsink (a corner, actually) to make it fit. Half-way through the sawing, I realized what a stupid idea this was and kinda doubted if this would still work. I was mutilating a wonderfull piece of technology, after all. I just told myself it was no use chickening out midway into it. It was all or nothing at that point. Fast forward a few minutes later... To seat the thing properly I still had to push the other surrounding capacitors a tiny bit to get that heatsink in. Very tight fit:





Although I cut off a portion of the heatsink, it still worked better than the stock fan and heatsink. I immediately observed a 5Âș Celsius decrease in temperature for the CPU. That's a world of a difference. I can only wonder if it had been better had I not cutoff a portion of the aluminum.

Afterwards, I loaded up the TF card onto my phone and proceeded to hook it up to the pc to try and load as many songs as I can. Lo and behold, I could not browse my phone. I was getting an error from MS-Windoze saying my USB device was broken. Used the old TF card. Same thing. Hooked up my digicam. It gave me the same error. Darn! I need to reinstall again before I'll be able to try the TF card on my phone.

:::sigh::: I need to backup my data again. See ya.

No comments: