Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dropbox - Save, Share, Sync Files Between Computers

Tired of emailing files to yourself so you could save a revised version of a document on another computer? Want to have automatic syncing of files so you always have access to the latest versions on different computers? You can and you will with Dropbox.

Dropbox creates a folder on your Windows, Linux and Mac where you can save files. It automatically syncs changes so you'll never have to email yourself the latest version. You can undo the changes to revert back to previous versions of a file. You can access them from your Windows, Linux or Mac computer. You can even access your files from the web or check on your files using Android and iPhone apps. Dropbox also allows you to share files with other users. All of this can be done with drag-and-drop ease.







Dropbox gives users 2GB of free online storage. There is a way to get even more free. Dropbox gives you a link to use to track your referrals. If new users use your link to sign up, you and your refferral will each get 250MB on top of your existing free space. You can have up to 8GB free!  I have to admit though that isn't much compared to paid service, but you can maximize your use of it for the important files that you must have access to from anywhere. Since installing Dropbox, I've used it as a universal folder for files accessible from three different computers. That's the folder where I save my Linux config files, installers to use for later and notes on a notepad to access anywhere. I even save pics for posting on there so I can access them when I have free time during coffee breaks.

So, if your interested use this link: http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwMjA1MzQyOQ. You and I both will get extra storage! Spread the Dropbox love ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll try this out. I have 2 computers at home and another at work. Thanks!