Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Extra Shot, Please.

The last time I was in a Starbucks was over 2 years ago. I met up with my friend Lany. This was in the Starbucks in Hacienda Luisita, Tarlac City. So having half an hour to spare after going to the Smart Wireless Center over at SM City Clark, I swung by Starbucks to get a Grande. They recently opened shop there. After waiting for my turn, I impatiently ordered a Cafe Mocha with an extra shot of espresso. It cost more then I spend a week in fare. Well, not really. But that is what I spend in a week when I try to save a little on tricycle fare by walking to where the jeeps ply.

Anyway, I splurged but enjoyed it. I miss the smell of coffee being forced out by slow powerful jets of hot water. I miss the cozy environs of the modern coffee shop sofa and armchair. I miss the act of ordering a complicated combination of options and having the full attention of the barrista as you dictate your demands. I miss having my name called as my order is served. What i don't miss is the crowd of hyperactive wide-eyed pretentious college kids sitting on the outdoor tables, drinking their fraps, smoking their cigs, trying to look "cool" or so. So after I got my order, I walked leisurely around SM Clark, Grande in hand.

No comments: